Monday, August 18, 2008

SNEAK PEEK!

I have to tell you, I was SO excited for this session! I photographed Marv when he was 18 months old and totally fell in love! He IS sweetness. There is just no other way to put it. He is truly just a beautiful child through and through. Mom actually signed up for the Lollipop Club so I knew I'd be photographing him again soon (which is - selfishly - one of the reasons I love this club - I'm guaranteed to see you guys again and be a part of watching your kiddos grow which is so much fun) but when they pulled up and I saw him in the backseat, saw that adorable smile and twinkling eyes, I melted - again.
It's just a great package deal all the way around with this family because mom (Anissa) is so easy-going and so wonderful to work with. Both times we've had a session, I've walked away thinking - wow, I so need to learn to talk to my kids that way! She is clear and precise yet brief. And totally calm - which made our session an effortless work of collaboration because I'd explain what I was hoping to do and she'd help communicate it to Marv. I love this! I know some photographers prefer that parents stay in the background or even out of sight and with some children, this definitely works. I like parents around though because they know best how to talk to their kids. And often times, these little verbal exchanges provide the best smiles or little characteristic looks especially when parents get on a familiar subject or bring up a favorite character or subject of conversation. Then it's fun for me to just step back and watch for the moments.
Anyway, I'm rambling as usual so I'll sign off here by just saying - check out this cutie!!!


5 comments:

meggie said...

HE is ADORABLE!! full of spunk! very cute Laura, love the last one,.

Picture Perfect said...

Awesome shots of this handsome young fella!

sherry boles~ said...

How handsome! His expression in the last one is so cute!

Cynthia said...

How do you get that skin to be so white? So smooth> I love this look. What do you shoot with. Ever give out tips?

Laura Lynne Photography said...

Hi Cindy! You can do this by adjusting the curves in Photoshop. It's a great tool to play with to change the look and feel of your images. :)