Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jeannie: SKD

Last week I met up with Jeannie for some updated pics for her portfolio. Our original plan was to meet at the Capitol, check out a favorite alley of mine (truly odd statement, right? I mean, who other than a photographer could say they have a favorite alley?! :)) and follow up with some pics in the park. But if you're a local Sacatomatoian then you know we've had some seriously warm weather - like 95 plus clouds and humidity that day. When we met up, we were both sweating just from the walk from our cars (of course, it didn't help that we both had a ton of stuff with us - her with a suitcase full of clothes and gear, me with my photo stuff which I always overpack) - within minutes we quickly determined this wasn't happin. Lucky for us, Jeannie had the hookup and called her friend Eric of IMAGE in downtown to see if we might stop in and use his space for some pics which ended up being awesome - thank you Eric! Not only did we get a reprieve from the sun, but it was a fun challenge for me considering I didn't come with studio gear and only had one off camera flash. But Jeannie was game and we gave it a go and got some great images. IMAGE provided the perfect backdrop - lots of color, as you can see, fun textures and they just so happened to have some huge fans which we loved!!
And I can't end this post without giving props where they are due - something people may not know about Jeannie besides the fact that she's obviously gorgeous - she's an absolute sweety! Although I met her earlier this year for this project, this was the first time I worked with her one-on-one and it was a blast!










2 comments:

Catie Ronquillo said...

Your images of this shoot are amazing! :) Keep it real!

Denise Snyder said...

All I can say is WOWZA!!!!! These images are so beautiful - you just blow me away!!!!!!!!!